Leeds confirm change in club ownership

Leeds United have issued a statement to confirm that an agreement for the purchase of the club has been reached, with 49ers Enterprises set to buy the club. In the brief press release issued on leedsunited.com, the club added that ‘all of our focus remains on a quick return to the Premier League.

Andrea Radrizzani bought the Elland Road club in 2017 for £45m, before selling a 15% stake to 49ers Enterprises a year later. That was then increased to 44% in 2021, with Radrizzani now selling his remaining 56% share to the company.

The move had been heavily anticipated since Sampdoria announced that Radrizzani had purchased a stake in the recently-relegated Italian side. While negotiations for the sale of Leeds United had been ongoing for quite some time, the rumoured £400m fee was reduced to £170m following the club’s relegation to the EFL Championship.

Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *